Mopec’s Formaway Collection Containers are used to collect spent formalin for neutralizing. Available in 1-gallon and 2.5-gallon containers.
- BG551: 1-gallon container
- BG552: 2.5-gallon container
Note: Formalin-neutralizing products are sold separately.
Directions for Treatment of 10% NBF (4% formaldehyde) and 4% glutaraldehyde waste:
- Collect waste in a designated collection container.
- Use a funnel with a “screen insert” while collecting waste to remove tissue debris from waste.
- Add the entire contents of one Formaway bottle to each gallon of aldehyde waste.
- Secure the lid on the collection container and agitate the container to thoroughly mix solutions, make sure the agitation ultimately results in the complete dissolution of Formaway Formalin Neutralizer Powder.
- Allow the mixed solution to stand for 20-25 minutes for the reaction to be complete.
- If required, test the treated solution for any aldehyde residual prior to disposal (follow instructions for Formaway Formaldehyde Residual Screening Test Kit).
- Pour treated waste into the sanitary sewer and rinse the container with cold tap water, preparing it for re-use.